Monday, December 1, 2014

Week Nineteen - December 2, 2014

 FAMILY!
 
Happy Thanksgiving!  I miss you lots!  There is so so so much to be thankful for.  I have been going throughout this week with a prayer of gratitude in my heart.  I have felt the love of the Savior, and I have seen how many things there are to be grateful for.  This week as I have been focusing on gratitude, I have realized how much I have been blessed with.  I am and will forever be grateful for all the many blessings the Lord has blessed me with.  I am so grateful for an incredible family, for all the love and support you show and give me.  I am also incredibly grateful for the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father everyday and to become more like the Savior, Jesus Christ.

This week I have really been focusing on faith--Faith in Jesus Christ.  How I can teach it. How I can understand it and How I can exercise it.  Faith is a principle of action.  We first must ask with faith, ask with a honest heart and believe that we can receive.  When we do these things, we can receive answers to our prayers.  I have been reading the Book of Mormon and really trying to seek for a knowledge--to understand and apply its teachings.  I know that I receive blessings and direction from its teachings.

We have been trying to visit families in our ward this week, trying to get referrals, and we are taking pictures with each family and giving them a Christmas present.  Its has been really fun to visit the families and share with them a spiritual message. 



We are still trying to really help our investigators progress towards baptism.  We are trying to give Jesus Christ a baptism for Christmas.  I am praying really hard on how I can do that. I know that through my hard work, I will be able to bless the lives of my investigators.
 
I am grateful for this Gospel and the happiness it gives me in my life.  As we learn and APPLY the Teachings of Jesus Christ, we can receive direction in our lives.  I hope all is well.  Have a good week!  I love and pray for you!  I will talk more about my investigators and other things next week!

 
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment