Saturday, September 5, 2015

Weeks 56 and 57 - August 24, 2015


Family!

Hope all is well!  Sounds like everyone had a great week!  MOM AND DAD, 23 years!! WHOOOAAA that's big time!  Congrats on the big anniversary!  That's amazing.  I love my parents, and I am so grateful for each thing that you taught me to prepare me for this eternal journey of happiness.  When times are rough or even when things are going great, I apply the simple things that I was taught from my youth and every time I have seemed to find success.  I love you!

This week was great.  Found some great people but before I explain a little more about them, I want to talk about transfers.  My Yoseuong,  유성 experience is coming to an end.  I am so grateful for the experiences I obtained from my four transfers here in my second area.  I learned countless lessons and I met countless people whom I will remember throughout my life.  The Lord sent people in my path to help me at different times here in this land.  I have a big testimony that the Lord will send you those people who will build you up and who will help you will specific needs that we might have in our lives.  The Lord sent people to me to help build me up and make me a sharper instrument in His hands.

(Yoseuong District)
(This is the Bishop's family in Yoseuong.  They have nine kids!  Elder Johnson is going to miss this crazy, cute bunch of kids!  Elder Holden and Elder Johnson are in the front.)
(Elder Johnson says:  "One of my closest friends.  Jimmy Primero")
(Missionaries at the Stake President's Home with his family.)

 (On to his next area:  OnYang)
I will be transferring to a bigger branch in a place that is called, OnYang.. 온양.  I will be serving with an Elder named Elder Boombasi.  He is from Philippians.  I have never met him, but I hear great things and I hear that they have about five people prepared to receive baptism.  President called me today after transfer calls and told me he is sending me there to help out with baptisms.  If they get about 10 more baptisms, they will be a ward.  I have a big responsibility and I will do everything I can with an attitude of gratitude and helping there.  I know that with the help of the Lord, I will and can accomplish anything I set my mind to.  I will rely on Him and do everything through Him.  I am really focusing on expanding my knowledge of the Savior Jesus Christ.  I love Him and I have come to know a little bit of the role He plays in my life everyday of my mission. 

Saying good bye to everyone will be hard.  I love these members and each of the people we are meeting with.  They have changed me in many ways. 

Our investigator that moved to Seoul came back down to Daejeon this week.  It was great to meet with him.  He was one of the first people I met here in this area.  He explained to me that the desire of his heart is to be baptized.  I am praying for him very strongly, and I really think he will be baptized in a few months.  He told me that he doesn't have anyone who loves him in his life like we do as missionaries.  I feel a very close bond with him and I pray he is baptized here in the future.

I love the Lord and I love this work. 

I love you,

Elder Cole Thomas Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment