Friday, January 9, 2015

Week 24 - January 4, 2015


Family!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!  2015.  

I'm so excited.  I have a lot of goals and things set that I want to accomplish this year.  I have so many cool and fun experiences that await me.  Sorry not a lot of time.  But this week in Korea I turned 20!  Every Korean gains an age on New Years.  It's super weird how it works.  Apparently every New Year's day, Koreas gain an age if you eat this special soup. Yesterday, Bishop invited us over and we all ate it.  It was a cool experience.


(Elder Johnson with his companions.  He thinks they are great!)

 (On the streets of Korea)
I don't have a lot of time this week. But I want to share with you something that I am learning--the principle of being yourself.  Sometimes as a missionary, that can be the hardest thing to do.  With all the things you are learning, studying, and doing, sometimes you tend to be someone you aren't.  Well, as I was going throughout this week, I was really focusing on being myself--trying to find all the special things I have been blessed with and using them to bless others' lives.  I know that I have been called to Korea because I have been blessed with special gifts I need to use to bless these people's lives.  I have been praying a lot to figure out what my gifts are and how I can use them.


I have also gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon.  For some reason, I realized that I haven't been reading the Book of Mormon as much as I need to.  I have been studying other things like "Preach My Gospel" and to help me prepare for my lessons.  But I had the feeling the other day that I really need to just focus my studies on the Book of Mormon.  As I have been doing this, I have really noticed new ideas and thoughts come into my head from just reading the Book of Mormon.  I know that when we read the Book of Mormon, we really receive special revelation for our lives.  I love this gospel, and it brings me so much happiness.



(Click on the link above to see a short 5-minute video about the Book of Mormon.)


Love you.   Have a great week!  Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment