Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 26 - January 19, 2016

Family! 

So glad you got my package!  Hope you liked everything.  The squid and the candies!!  haha  They aren't very good, but I wanted to give you a little taste of the Korean Life:)  Hope you enjoyed it!  I love and appreciate you guys so much.  My family is amazing!

(This is a picture of the squid candy Elder Johnson sent home for his family to try.)
(Elder Johnson's sister and her two friends try the "candy.")

This week has been great!  Full of lots of hard work and lots of blessings.  I am continuing to learn so much.  I am really trying to focus on applying all the things I learn during my personal study.  In "Preach My Gospel," it teaches that by living and applying gospel principles, I will be able to gain a better understanding and I will be able to teach more productively.  I have noticed that as I have been doing this, my knowledge of the gospel is increasing and new Ideas are coming to me.  During my companion studies me and my comp role play.  It is soooooo HARD.  But I am really trying to find my teaching style, and I am really focusing on trying to teach simple gospel truths.  Sometimes I get so caught up in how hard the language is and it is so hard for me to say what I want, but I am then reminded that If I stay simple and rely on the Spirit, everything will go smoothly and go how it is suppose to.  I am really learning to rely on the Savior in everything, and I am applying his infinite Atonement in my life. 

Something that I have been thinking about this week is that, we as people living on this earth, will never fully understand how great the Atonement is.  How powerful and infinite it is. The Savior really did suffer for the sins of all mankind and through him we can receive eternal life.  I am so grateful for the Savior Jesus Christ.  I am trying to become like him in every way I can.  I have really come to realize I just have to throw myself into his arms and trust he will guide me in my actions, this work, and my life.

I am learning and applying something that was taught to me while I was growing up by my most amazing parents:)))  It's the power of planning.  Planning is so important in missionary work.  Often times I find myself with so much on my mind and so much to do, and it just stresses me out.  I sometimes let things build up and it just gets distracting.  But I have noticed as I plan and find a way to accomplish the things, I see big results.  I have learned so much and I have so much to learn.  As I plan, pray, and execute with a purpose, the Lord helps me in all I do.

Me and my comp are still working hard trying to find investigators.  I love him! He teaches me so much.  We have two investigators right now.  One is really sad and really needs the gospel in his life.  We are trying to help him in every way we can.  He is slowly progressing, but he works on construction things so he is always unable to meet.

We have just been spending a lot of time talking to people on the streets.  It has its ups and downs.  I really want to meet and grow a love for my investigators and teach lessons, but I have started doing something on the street that has helped me grow spiritually and has helped me progress in my Korean teaching abilities.  I try to teach a principle of the gospel to each person I talk to on the street.  It has helped me so much.  I know as we keep working hard, the Lord will lead us to the people he is preparing for me.

I am grateful for prayer and and gaining a close relationship with my Savior.
I hope all is well.  I Love you all soooo soo much.  Thanks for your love and support!

Have a good week.

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment