Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Week 33 - March 8, 2015


FAMILY.

Not a lot of time this week but wow, my heart is full.  There has been so many great experiences this week.  I have received so many miracles from the Lord and am so blessed! Mom and Izzy, I hope all went well in Cuba.  Sounds like an adventure of a life time! That's awesome!  I miss you guys and love you tons!

I'm being transferred!  I am done with my first area and am on to my next!  Time has gone by so fast.  I cant believe it!  I will be transferring to a place called  유성 (Yousang).  I am half training!!!  My new companion is Elder Young, he has been in Korea for one transfer and I will be picking up where his trainer left off.  I am so excited!  I have been praying about transfers so much this week, and I know this is where the Lord needs me.  I am called to a big responsibility and am so excited for this new opportunity to really find out who I am.  I just need to continue relying on my Savior in all I do, and I know that He will continue to guide me in my missionary efforts.

Well, it has all come to an end here in 충장 Gwangju.  I can't tell you enough of all the many tender mercies that the Lord has provided me with here in this amazing area.  I am truly blessed.  I am so grateful for my time here, and I am extremely grateful for each thing I learned, each companion I had, and each investigator that I got to change.  This last week has been my most successful week that I have had here in this area and in my mission.  I have seen the Lord's hand in my life, and He has blessed me with so many miracles. 
This week Elder Oehler and I had to opportunity of setting a baptismal date with our miracle 구도자 천준상 형제님 (Our Investigator ).  I am so excited !!  I have never put so much heart into a prayer for someone else like I have for him.  He is progressing so well.  Last week after P-day he called us that night and told us he needed to tell us something.  He told us that he just knew God was real, and he knew that Jesus is His Son.  He told us that he believed.  It was very interesting because we found him through a fast and the day previous to him calling us was Fast Sunday when we fasted for him.  I know the Lord is hearing and answering my prayers.  I am receiving so much help from him, and I am really seeking his will.  We have set our baptismal date for March 29 and look forward to continuing to pray for him and help him progress.  I am so grateful.

The scripture in 3 Nephi 12:16 is coming to life for me.  It has been something that I have been working day in and day out on.  "Let your light so shine."  These past few months in Korea and as I have been serving my mission, I have really tried to find myself.  When I first arrived in Korea, I felt pretty lost and realized I couldn't do very many things I wanted to. Being a missionary was hard, being in Korea was difficult, and I just couldn't speak the language or understand anyone.  Well, it wasn't until this week where I have felt like I have truly found myself.  My foundation is set and I am progressing and growing so much.  My light is going forth.  I really believe that I have been blessed with a special light that needs to touch the lives of others here in Korea.   The lyrics to the song, "The Lord is My Light," have had so much meaning to me throughout these past few weeks.  I know that the Lord is blessing me, and I know that through Him I am able to become a better me.  I have been focusing a lot on the scriptures and am trying to align my will with his in all I do.
I love you all and hope you have a amazing week. You are in my prayers, and I am so thankful for the support that I receive each week from everyone.  Have a good safe week.  I love you!
Elder Cole Thomas Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment