Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 41 - May 4, 2015


Family!

 Sounds like all is well.  I am beyond excited to Skype next week together! So much so say and catch up on!  I miss and love you guys!

This week has been great.  Me and my comp have fasted a lot for our investigators, and we really feel like we have a lot of potential this transfer.  We are working our hardest and giving the best we have everyday to the Lord.

It's starting to get super hot here!  Each night before we plan, we are just dripping in sweat! The humidity factor is coming in huge!  Also, this last week there has been this weird yellow dust stuff in the air.  The Koreans say it comes from China and so if you look on the ground its all over.  Pretty weird! 

We have had a lot of miracles this week.  We had Zone conference and I learned a lot. President Shin mentioned PACE.  It was cool to know that it has made it around our mission a little bit and to know that through those 4 letters we can really feel the spirit strongly. 

This week at Zone Conference, I felt as if the things I need to consecrate myself to are the love of the people and expressing more gratitude to my Savior.  I remember being a first transfer missionary and each and everything that came my way I was so grateful for.  I spent a lot of time down on my knees being thankful, and I have come to realize that these last few weeks I haven't been expressing that same level of gratitude.  I have been focusing the majority of my prayers on my needs and asking the Lord to help me in each area I need help in.  As I have been doing this, I have still been carrying that same spirit but I feel as if when our hearts are full of gratitude unto the Lord, we are blessed with a sweeter more abundant spirit.  I feel as if it is that same feeling that Lehi describes in his vision of the Tree of Life.

11 And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted.  Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen.

12 And as I partook of the fruit thereof it (as I am grateful, the fruit will) filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.


There are many different kinds of fruits in this gospel of which we can partake of, but I have a special testimony that when we partake of the tree and pick the fruit of gratitude, our hearts are full unto the Lord.  I have experienced many miracles from gratitude on my mission, and I know that when we continue in thanksgiving unto the Lord, He will always give us more.

Thursday night I had the opportunity to meet with president Shin and an investigator named 김병곤b.  It was a special experience that I will hold on to for a long time.  The spirit in the room was peaceful and observing president Shin teach was quite amazing.  As I sat there in the chair aside from President, the thought that was running through my head was, "We desire his salvation."  That is so true, we as missionaries are giving selfless service everyday to the Lord to bring His children the salvation they need to return back into His presence.  김병곤b has great potential and we are now starting to work with his two sons. He wasn't able to make it to church this week because of the holiday week-end, but he committed to us that he and his sons will attend this upcoming Sunday.  We are going to be praying and asking the Lord for the Spirit to help him draw closer to baptism, and we are planning on giving him a baptismal date this next week. 

I am learning the principle of planning.  Not only planning itself, but sticking to the plan! Sometimes in lessons I feel myself drifting from the plan, and it is sometimes hard for me to recognize if that is the Spirit but I know as I plan effectively and stick to the plan, the Lord will direct me in his ways. 

I love you!  Hope everyone has a good week!  Be safe, have fun, and PRAY!

Love, Elder Cole Thomas Johnson

The Lord is my Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment