Thursday, April 30, 2015

Week 39 and Week 40 - April 20 and 27, 2015

This week has been great! 

We have found a lot of success.  It has been one of my most successful weeks on my mission.  I am really trying to focus on the Love of God.  I am trying to testify from my heart and get the words to really come from my heart through the Spirit and to the heart of my investigators. 

Last transfer we spent hours and hours on the streets walking up and down trying to find people to meet with, and this week I felt as if we have found a pool of people that we can teach.  I am really excited to work with them, and we are really trying to focus on getting the members involved with lessons and things.  I love the members here in Korea.  I have gained a strong love for each one of them, and I love getting to know who they are and their personal conversion story.  It's really interesting to hear.  Even as members who were born in the church, I believe we all have our special conversion stories.  Young or old, we all have our personal witness of the Love of God.  If you haven't found it, I encourage you to search for it.  It will come.  I often find myself researching and strengthening my personal testimony.  I have learned so much and I have grow in so many ways.  I am letting the Lord take my life and lead me to where it is that I need to go.  One of my favorite scriptures that comes out in the Book of Mormon is Mosiah 7:33:  When we trust in the Lord, he will have our backs and lead us to the path he has prepared for us. 

I have had many questions and prayers answered this week. I  have been led by the power of the Spirit and am trying to focus on things out of Love.

This week I was able to meet with a foreigner, and he was from Florida.  It was a great opportunity to testify of the happiness that this Restored Gospel brings.

We had lots of miracles as well this week.  It was stake conference and we had the opportunity of getting three people to come out!  That is huge because usually it is super hard to get people to come to church.  Among those three people, one was found on the street two days before.  They learned a lot and we are excited to continue to meet with them.

Korean is still crazy!  It teaches me a lot about who I am.  I have learned so much patience through learning this language.  It is slowly coming.  I am able to sit down with people and express myself a little bit and to teach the lessons through simplicity.  Simplicity is a huge!!!!

I want to finish telling the miracle story about the Taxi from a few weeks ago.

On the way home from general conference, we had to hurry home because it was getting late and so we realized we needed to take a taxi.  None of us had a lot of money because it was at the end of the period we receive money, and we had to take a taxi all the way across Daejeon.  Maybe like a 30 minute ride which was going to cost about 15 dollars.
Long story short, I looked over at my comp and Elder Hernandez and said... "Do you think that we will be able to pay for this?"  They said, "uhhhhh I have no idea!"  I then followed up and asked a question, "Do you have faith?"  We all just kinda laughed and thought about it for a second.  I told both of them that we should pray to have this taxi driver's heart opened to our message and that Elder Dursteler in the front of the taxi can convey our message through the Spirit.  We all sat in the back of the taxi individually praying and as we continued to pray and exercise our faith, we got closer and closer to our destination.  As it came time to get out of the taxi, the taxi driver stated the price and as we started to get out of the car we looked at each other and all kind of thought, Ahhhhh, well we almost didn't have to pay..." But as Elder Dursteler pulled his wallet out and only had like 3 dollars he looked at us and said,  "Hey we need some more."  The three of us that were sitting in the back grabbed our wallets and then the  taxi driver said, "Ahhh, don't worry about it.  It's okay.  I heard a great message from you guys.  It's on me."  We were so excited and stunned!  We ended up just giving him what we had because we knew the Lord provided a big miracle for us!  We were so excited and I really do know the Lord loves his missionaries. 

Love you all.  Have a good week!


Love Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment