Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 45 - June 1, 2015


Family,



This week has been great! 

I have learned so much about myself.  I am learning and growing in ways that I didn't think were possible.  Each day I am so grateful for the chance the Lord has given me to learn and grow and to become a better me.



I have met some people out on the street recently who have great potential.  Last week I met someone on the street named Kim Ew Your, and we have been meeting with him everyday.  He is awesome.  He struggles very badly from OCD, and we are really trying to help him overcome that as well as his coffee problem.  I call him every night and pray with him, read the scriptures, and just talk about why God gave His children commandments.  He is super amazing, and I really think that in the near future he will be baptized.  I have learned so much about myself from him and it has helped me see a bigger picture of things. He has taught me a lot about loving people for who they really are.  Not looking at someone on the out side but finding out who they are on the inside.  I talk about Love a lot because I really do think that it is the most important thing in this work.  I feel as if a lot of my success from my missionary work comes from the love I show others.  If I don't do something with a prayerful heart or out of love, it just really gets to me.. I don't know why. 



Our other investigators are doing well.  The Lord has blessed me with great confidence and teaching abilities these last few weeks.  I know that is because of you prayers on my behalf.  I appreciate it and I can feel each of them. This last week I have been using Boldness in my teaching efforts.  There is a scripture in Alma that I have applied.  It says: 

12 Use boldness, but not overbearance; and also see that ye bridle all your passions, that ye may be filled with love; see that ye refrain from idleness.



As I have been doing this, I have slowly seen an adjustment in my investigators.  I am really trying to help them see that this Gospel is the Happiness to our lives.  Our investigator 김병곤 is progressing well.  This week we focused on the priesthood, Holy Ghost, and Revelation.  I was able to bring my scriptures and show him markings and my column markings to help him understand how we can receive revelation, and I told him that when we read the scriptures, if we read with a purpose and write things down they can become revelation.  He is doing well, and I am going to really try to do everything to get him baptized this next transfer.  He is doing great with the members as well.  They are very welcoming and are always there to help. 



I have been working on Humility this week.  I have opened up and turned outward like the Savior would, and I have noticed a sweeter spirit in my missionary work.  One way in which I went about gaining humility was through gratitude to my Savior.  I set a goal this week and each time I took any type of transportation, I would thank the Lord.  Saying and giving nothing but Gratitude for the blessing He has provided for me.  As I did this, I would catch myself asking for a blessing while praying, but I quickly stopped and figured out a way to express my thanks for that blessing instead of asking for it.  I really feel as if I have been humbled and I am grateful. 



I love everyone.  Hope all is well.  Have an amazing week!!



LOVE, ELDER COLE THOMAS JOHNSON

No comments:

Post a Comment