Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Week 28 - February 1, 2015


Family! 

Another great week.  My eyes are being opened and I am learning and growing so much. The work is progressing and I am grateful to be a part of it.  I have drawn closer to the Savior this week and have been trying my best each day to apply and share His teachings.


Not a ton happened this week.  I am starting my 4th transfer!  Crazy!  At the End of this transfer I will have spent 6  months here is Gwang Ju.  It has been great.  


 (Elder Oehler who is Elder Johnson's new companion.)

This next transfer I am going to work my hardest to become consecrated and to give the Lord my best.  I am working hard trying to find someone to baptize.  I really want to get a baptism here in Gwang Ju before I leave.  I have spent a lot of time out on the streets trying to find people, and I have found a lot of success.  I am seeking for the Holy Ghost and relying on the Lord to show me where to go, what to do, and what to say.


Yesterday, during Sacrament meeting as I sat pondering in my chair, I came to realize something.  That is, that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has changed me.  It has opened my eyes and I see things so much differently.  These last 6 months of my mission, I have gained a strong relationship with my Savior through prayer.  Prayer is a gift that I will forever be grateful for.  I remember many different times in my life where things have been hard or things have been good and I knelt in prayer asking for help or giving thanks.  This transfer, I have a goal to pray vocally every night.  As I've been reading the Book of Mormon this last week, it talks about praying vocally.  I know that as I pray aloud, my conversations with Heavenly Father will really come to life, and I will be able to make my prayers more of a real conversation with Heavenly Father.


As of right now, we have 5 investigators that we are working with.  We met with one this week  and he seems like he has a lot of potential.  He met with missionaries about 6 months ago and then was busy with school and things, so we are continuing to meet with him and praying that he accepts and receives our message.


Sorry, time is short this week.  I am learning a lot and I am excited for this new transfer.  The Lord has a lot in store for me and I am grateful to be doing His work.


I love you hope all is well!

Love, Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment