Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 49 - July 1, 2015


Family!



Wow, this week has been super crazy!  Sorry it's been a while since I have been able to put together a decent family letter!  With all my new responsibilities, I am busier than ever.  I hope all is well and it sounds like things are going awesome!  It's crazy it's almost July! We're basically back in the month I started!

(Elder Johnson and Elder Holden with a friend in Yusung)
(Serving others brings joy.)

I have been thinking lately on the topic of "Blessings I have Obtained From My Mission."  This last week I was asked by our bishop to speak in sacrament meeting on that topic.  As I pondered that subject, I was led to the thought of recognizing my weaknesses, being able to learn from my weaknesses, and making them strong through the Savior and his infinite Atonement.  Often times we have that feeling where we feel like we can't quite seek the Savior's love or feel His grace, but in a verse in the scriptures that we all know we need to look at it in a little different way. 

Ether 12:27 says:

27  And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.  I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.



In order to feel His Grace and healing Power, He first SHOWS US OUR WEAKNESSES. WHY?  To make them strengths, and during that process we are able to rely on Him.  So at times when we feel so alone or can't quite seek the Savior, it is because he is showing us our weak points and ALLOWING us to make them stronger.  He doesn't do it for us, but requires us to act, and he has given us the promise that he will help.



This week I have visited a few members and have taught them PACE.  They all loved it! They have it in their homes and GRANDPS and GRANDMA, they want to meet you super bad.  Hah!   I showed them a few pics of us and stuff and they were just so excited.  Our members here in Yoseoung are great! 



This week we fasted as a zone to become one and to find new investigators.  Through the fast this week, we were able to meet a new investigator and we feel as if he has a lot of potential.  His name is 서종우b.  He met with the missionaries around 20 years ago, and he told us that he has been recently thinking about the Bible, and he wanted to start reading it again.  Because we were able to find him, he told us it was "meant to be."  We knew it was a miracle.  We met with him and have been calling him often to talk about the Book of Mormon.  We are snatching him.  Snatching him through the Book of Mormon. 

He is awesome!  He has great potential!



So many other crazy things happened this week!  AHHHHH  So as I was talking with the guy from Nicaragua, we were on the subway and all of a sudden it just suddenly stopped to a big hault!  A few people almost fell over!  Well, we had no idea what was going on..  The Subway tried to restart and it kept failing..  It started and went super slowly.. making really loud noises.  Meanwhile.. every ten minutes a new subway comes..  So I was thinking.. "Oh great.... The next subway is going to come from behind and just smash us and kill us all!!!!!!!!  Hah It was super intense.  We were able to slowly make it to the next station and get off!  I was super grateful.  The guy from Nicaragua said his girlfriend said that a few years ago the same thing happened and the other subway ran into the back of the other and killed a few people, so it was pretty scary!  All is great and I am alive and healthy!



We have seen a lot of miracles and I am grateful for all the Lord gives me!



Love you.  Have a good WEEK!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment