Friday, April 1, 2016

Week 87 - March 20, 2016

Family.

This week was Glorious.  So many good and positive things. 
I can see that you all had a great week as well.  Mom, that is so unreal that you saw Sister Lee at the MTC.  I am so happy.  I prayed for you to run into her!

My companion and I have been sick with a pretty bad cold, but we have been working hard and seeing so many miracles. 
Yesterday was incredible.  Our investigator was baptized and the baptismal service went really well.  The Spirit was strong and he was so excited to be baptized. 
We met him while we were fasting about six weeks ago from today.  He accepted all the lessons with a humble and pure heart and his desire to follow the Savior Jesus Christ was very big.  He is a great example to me and I know that the Lord sent him to us.  God hears and answers our prayers. 
 (Baptism held on Easter Sunday.)


Yesterday, also, I had the opportunity to bear my testimony in Sacrament Meeting.  I had no idea what I wanted to say, but I got up there and the Spirit gave me exactly what I needed in that moment. 
I shared two very special experiences that I have had on my mission that have come from fasting.  They both resulted in baptisms and I felt the Spirit very strong.  Each of the members felt a strong Spirit, of that which I felt.
After the meeting, one of our amazing members approached me and invited us to fast with her to help her husband be baptized. 
Before, she never wanted the missionaries to teach her husband because she was scared, but as we have been praying and asking how he is doing, she has gained our trust and wants to do a fast with us. 
Her heart was opened and she told us that after the fast we can decide according to how we feel if we will start the lessons with him.  She handed us over her trust, and we are really excited to fast with her this week.  She is the best.  (Mom, this is the family with the two kids that we went to Costco with a few times).

I love you all and pray for you each day. 

PACE.

Pray for me.  Big week!  We have Zone Conference and we might have another baptism!  A huge miracle will happen this week!  We are inviting our other investigator who came out to the baptismal service yesterday to be baptized this week!  He has been out to church three times and he told us yesterday he wants to be baptized!  He is 18 years old and we have to get his mother's permission, (which should be okay because she came out to church as well a few weeks ago).  He is the man and we are really close to each other. 
(Elder Johnson stated:  "We had MLC (Missionary Leader Conference) 
this week in Daejeon.")
(President Shin, along with Elder Johnson.)


I love you! 

Elder Cole Thomas Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment