Saturday, October 11, 2014

Week Eight - September 18, 2014


Hello!



Family!!!  How are you?!  Hope all is going well.  This is my last P-day in the MTC.  CRAZY. It seems like it's flown by, but at the same time it seems like its been forever!  This week has been full of a lot of things!  It has been a great week.  I can't believe my time here at the MTC is basically over.  It has been great. I have really learned so much.  I have learned how to be the best missionary I can be.  I have learned how important this gospel is and the happiness that comes from it.  I have learned so much that is going to prepare me for the field.  4 DAYS!  I can't believe it.  I am sooooooo excited!  I am so privileged to be able to serve in Korea.  The Lord has blessed me with so much.  I am grateful for the things I am learning everyday.  This past week I have really worked so hard.  I have been giving it my all everyday.  I finished memorizing Joseph Smiths First Vision in Korean, and I have learned so much about the language structure and vocab words.  I have been doubling up on everything and I hold myself accountable to it.  


The Lord is teaching me so much.  When I first got here in the MTC, I prayed everyday for the gift of remembrance.  I could totally feel Him answering my prayers.  I was remembering everything that I was learning.  It was great.  It was a miracle.  As I continued my MTC experience and learning, I noticed I stopped praying for that gift.  I recognized it.  I wasn't remembering things as well anymore.  I was starting to get frustrated, and I felt like I didn't really know anything.  I recognized that I needed to start praying for the gifts of knowledge and remembrance again.  I have been doing so, I have seen a huge change.  I am remembering things that I thought I would have never remembered.  I am learning so much.  I really feel the Savior with me, and I know he is there to help me at all times.  Heavenly Father has given us the incredible gift of prayer so that we can communicate the desires of our heart.  He is there for us.  He hears and answers our prayers.  He just requires us to ask and have faith and do as He says.
On Tuesday, Elder Scott came and spoke to us at the devotional!  It was the most amazing thing ever!  It was so great to hear from an apostle.  He talked a lot about Prayer.  (Mom, he probably gave a very similar talk to the one you heard).  Heavenly Father wants to hear from us.  He wants to be with us through all of our trials.  He has given us the ability to communicate with Him.  That is truly a miracle in itself alone.  Elder Scott talked about three specific ways we receive answers:

1. We have a feeling of peace or love come over us. "YES."

2. We have a stupor of thought, not a good feeling. "NO."

3. No response. 


When he said "no response," I was kind of confused, but he went on and explained it.  He said that when we feel like we haven't received an answer, it's because Heavenly Father is trying to teach us something.  He is helping us strengthen our faith and grow closer to him.  He feels as if we are not ready for that answer yet.  Heavenly Father knows all things and knows when we need things.  He wants us to ask him for the blessings he has in store for us.  He wants to hear our desires, but He wants us to ask HIM what DESIRES HE has for US.  I am grateful for prayer.  I have been on my knees a lot asking Him what it is that I can do to be the Best Missionary I can be.
 (Click on the link above to hear part of the talk from Elder Scott on Getting Answers to Prayers)


My District is amazing.  I am going to miss them a lot.  I have grown close with them, and I know that we are going to do great things.  We said goodbye to our teacher Sister Lee last night.  She was seriously amazing.  Last Friday night she was having a hard time, and we were able to help her through her hard time.  She told us that she knows we were the ones that she was supposed to teach.  The spirit in the room on Friday night was so strong.  It was something I will never forget.  She has taught us so much, and I am grateful for her. 

The natives are Hilarious.  I love them.  To be honest, I would love to have a Korean trainer (that spoke English as well) haha.  He would teach me so much.  I guess I will find out in a few days who my trainer is.  I am so excited!!!!!  KOREA, here I come.  I can't wait to be immersed in the culture and to learn and love the people.


I hope all is well. Have a great week!


Love, 
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment