Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Week Four - August 21, 2014

This week has been great! 

I have learned so much.  I can't believe it's already been 1 MONTH!  Time goes by super fast but at the same time super slow.... The MTC is great!  I am learning so much. Yesterday I had one of my funniest experiences as a missionary.  Before I had to go and host the missionaries at the curb, there were a few international missionaries that needed to be hosted that have already been here for a few days.  They were just staying in a temporary room.  So the Elder that I got assigned to host was from Tonga.  He was such a cool kid.  We like instantly became friends.  Any way, I took him and his luggage to his permanent room and we dropped it off.  But before we could leave, I had to teach him how to use the lock so he could put all his valuables in a drawer.  I showed him like 7 different times how to work it and he couldn't figure it out.  I was laughing my head off!  He was getting so frustrated and just couldn't open it.  After like 10 tries, he finally got it and we both started laughing! It was hilarious. 

Anyway, this week I have been reading in 2 Nephi and I have learned so much.  Chapter 2 is one of my favorite chapters.  It talks about The Fall and how we have our agency to choose.  We have agency to Act or be Acted Upon.  That is something I have really been working on and thinking about as I have gone through out the week.  I have been setting goals everyday and trying to accomplish them.  I have been figuring out ways to ACT on them so I can accomplish my goals.  The gift of agency is amazing and one of the greatest gifts that God has given to us.  We need to use it to our advantage and to choose the good things in life.  This Sunday our topic for all the meetings was The Atonement.  The Atonement is literally God's greatest gift to man kind.  Without an atonement, it would be impossible for us to return home to to live with him again.  God sent his son Jesus Christ down to the earth to set the perfect example of how we should live our lives.  He took upon him the weight and pain of all sins of the world for all man kind.  I am grateful for Jesus Christ.  I am strengthening my relationship with Him more and more everyday.  I'm grateful for the Atonement because when we misuse the gift of agency, Heavenly Father has given us the Atonement so we can repent and live with Him again.



Something that I have also been focusing on this week is to recognize the hand of the Lord in my life everyday.  I pray and ask than I will be able to see his hand im my life and at the end of the day I report and show gratitude.  Monday was a little rough.  I was stressed cuz of the language and I wasnt feeling well, and I opened up to a scripture in Mosiah chapter 7. Verse 33.  It really helped me and I could feel the hand of the Lord in my life.

Fridays are awesome!  We do what's called TRC.  It's where returned missionaries or random people (that speak Korean) around Utah come and receive a spiritual message from the missionaries.  In my first one, I have this older lady and basically the whole time she talked to us about Korea!  She gave me some amazing advice.  She talked about the culture and the small things that the Korean people notice.  She told us how important it is to have a good relationship with your companion.  That is the first thing they notice. If they see you have a good relationship, the (members) will bring there non-member friends and then that will open up ways to teach them.  She also talked about the importance of building a relationship with the members and investigators. 

(Elder Warnick, MTC companion of Elder Johnson)

I am so excited for all my amazing experiences that await me in Korea!  I look forward to it everyday!  The language is the thing I worry about most.  I know I will eventually get the hang of it!   One thing I really liked this week as I was reading in PMG.  It said, "The attitude you have toward your mission reflects your love you have for your Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Priesthood."  I loved that!

I love and miss everyone! hope all is well.  Thank you for all the support.
Love,
 

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment