Monday, October 27, 2014

Week Fourteen - October 26, 2014


How is everything going! 

This week has been great.  My little fact on Korea this week is that most all places deliver.  My comp and I ordered chicken the other day and it was awesome.  We also ordered McDonald's:) haha  It was incredible.  It's nice to get your American food every so often.
 (Chicken feet anyone?)
 (Fish tanks and live chickens with all sorts of items to purchase.)

This week has been great  I have been continuing to learn a lot.  We can never know enough.  There is always room for improvement and knowledge.  I have really been studying hard.  The language is crazy.  I am slowly picking up on some basic things.  I am also really trying to study the doctrine of the lessons we teach.  I did realize that I didn't know a lot!  I have really been praying this week for confidence and that I would be open to the teachings of Christ by the spirit.

Earlier on in the week, I found myself getting frustrated and was going through a hard time.  I was trying my best and giving it my all.  I didn't know what else I could do in order to be happy.  So I decided to pray about it.  I received my answer very quickly.  I started evaluating myself on what it was that I was and wasn't doing.  I came across something that I realize I had stopped doing and that was talking to everyone.  I have come to realize that I am happy when I proclaim the gospel to everyone I see.  Just like Sister Shin says, "Open your mouth."  I really believe that is such an important principle.  I started applying that principle again, and I have been a lot happier and I am seeing miracles.  When we open our mouths, we exercise our faith.  I also noticed that I learn a lot more with the  language as well.  Throughout this week I plan on talking to everyone and inviting them to come unto Christ.

 (The window was left open at night.  Result:  Elder Johnson found out Korea does have mosquitoes!)
This last Monday for family night, we visited a member's home who the wife and two little kids are members but the husband isn't.  They are a young family.  About two weeks ago we gave a blessing to their little daughter who has something wrong with her eyes.  She was going into surgery and the mom wanted her to receive a blessing.  It was a great experience, the Spirit was so strong.  Anyway, when we visited their home for FHE, we prepared such a fun lesson!  We needed to figure out how we could teach the dad but make it fun for the kids too.  So we decided to teach the principle of FAITH.  We taught Alma 32.  We bought little cups of dirt and seeds and we talked about how we must plant our seeds and allow our faith to grow.  Alma  Chapter 32 talks all about it.  I was able to say a lot of simple and good things through the Spirit about faith.  As we taught that lesson, I really evaluated myself and saw that I need to strengthen my faith as well.  There is never a time in our lives where our plant is too big or too "perfect."  There is always room for improvement and we can always strengthen our faith.  I have really been strengthening my faith this past week.

I have been studying about prophets this week.  At the beginning of the week, I started doubting and asking myself, "Why I am on a mission."  I thought a lot about that question, and I have been praying a lot about it as well.  I know why I am serving.  I love the Lord and I have received a lot of happiness through the gospel.  I know that this is the most important thing that I can be doing in my life right now.  As I have been reading the scriptures this week, I have learned a lot about prophets.  It really helped me and answered my prayer that I have been called by a prophet of God to proclaim the Gospel at this time.  I know that as I serve, I am receiving many blessings.
(The Daejeon District of Elders and Sisters working in that area of South Korea.)

I am grateful for the gospel and how much happiness it has brought me in my life.
I love my family.  I am grateful for everything you have taught me.

I hope everyone has a good week.  We have an amazing Halloween party planned for our ward and investigators.  I am so excited.  I am wearing the superman costume thing you got me, Mom.   Haha!  Can't wait.  


Love you, have a good week!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment